Saturday 8 October 2016

Future US productivity?

I am in the USA on vacation.  While here, I have watched the first Presidential debate and the Vice-President's debate.

Of course i was interested in discovering how each of the parties would influence future US productivity.

Having listened to the debates (and the surrounding analysis), I have absolutely no idea   .... and I am convinced the candidates have no idea either.  I didn't necessarily expect them to use the word 'productivity' but I did expect them to address the issue.  I heard bits of fiscal policy and bits about 'infrastructure' but nothing about innovation or industrial policy (except for 'bring the jobs back').

Sorry, America - its down to the private sector without government support  - the politicians (and the neo-politicians) are too busy posturing to create real policies.

No comments: