Friday 22 January 2010

Does personal productivity matter?

I have just started a discussion on the Productivity Futures group on LinkedIn about personal productivity. There seems to be an increasing number of 'personal productivity gurus' all willing to share their secrets which will make each of us more productive.

I am - out of general and genuine interest - asking if this 'movement' is something more than a lifestyle fad ... the equivalent of one of those lifestyle books that emerge every so often (especially just before Christmas). Do these gurus and their secrets (which, to be fair, are not so secret since many of them give them away in their blogs)actually make a difference?

And, perhaps even more importantly, does becoming more productive,personally have an impact on organisational productivity.

I doubt it exists but I would love to see some real, robust research on the subject. In the meantime, I'll settle for people's views.

No comments: